The Weather and Everyone's Health
Saturday, September 11, 2004
 
The Mendozas across the street are having a barbeque. I don't blame them; the weather's perfect for it. I could smell it, and then when I went out to pick up dinner I saw them grilling and socializing on their back deck. Now they have a small bonfire and possibly some fireworks in it. Why didn't they invite us? Usually they at least offer. Maybe they got used to us complaining about being vegetarian or something. Maybe it's a family-only bbq. Maybe their cross-dressing uncle from out-of-town is visiting and they're afraid of anyone finding out.

There's a concert going on downtown in the band shell. I drove by it earlier. If I'da known, I mighta gone. Nice night for it. I thought I saw a sign up in town for something over there tonight--a Christian band, though. However, M. says it might be the Municipal Jazz Band. If it *were* the jazz band, I would definitely want to go, and maybe I would even want to go if it were the Christian band, if I had a chance of running into anyone I knew.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com