The Weather and Everyone's Health
Tuesday, September 14, 2004
 
Observation

So, since my return from India I have noticed that I am much more likely to eat meals without getting anything on my shirt. Perhaps I acquired this skill during those 3 weeks of trying to keep my dupata out of my food. I am slightly more likely to drop food in my lap than I was previously, but if I'm dining out I usually have a napkin in my lap, so that works out. This probably indicates a change in posture while eating (compared to pre-India eating posture). Even with the lap spills, now overall spillage is less than pre-India. I can even go days--10+ meals--without damaging my clothes while I eat. Which is a good thing, since I wear nicer clothes now than I used to.

Lest you take this as evidence of some "Myth of Progress," I should hasten to point out that I seem to have exchanged the food-spillage for the new tendency to lean against bathroom sinks and thereby wet my shirts at waist level. Especially in public toilets.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com