The Weather and Everyone's Health
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
 
WORK!

Today, I worked. It wasn't a career move, and heck, it wasn't even really a job, but it was legal over-the-counter somewhat dignified work. Theoretically, I'm going to get paid for it. So, if I keep this up on a regular basis, I might even be like a real actual person sometime soon.

And then I'll go back to grad school...yeah...

Here are some additions to my list of things I would buy if I had money. I didn't just think of them, but I forgot to include them on my previous list:

8. Ali Farka Toure CD. "Radio Mali" or "Talking Timbuktu." Not both.

9. Gym bag.

10. Gym membership! maybe. probably entry fees for Bay to Breakers and maybe Gay Games 2006. But no centipede races! (this year)

11. Probably I'd get an estimate on getting my tuba fixed and look into new gig bags that are more protective.

For the record, I think I would have heard of Norah Jones without Starbucks. For one thing, I rarely enter such an establishment so it's not like that's the way I heard her. Secondly, I think her Starbucksization followed her commercial and critical successes, so she would have been in the public eye even if that place didn't decide to make her into their wallpaper. Thirdly, I had kind of blown her off until I heard S or J (or both?) playing her stuff, and they're the ones who really clued me in and I'm sure they didn't pick it up from some McDonald's of coffee.

And stuff.



Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com