The Weather and Everyone's Health
Thursday, April 14, 2005
 
Bastards.

You know, I meant to say in the posting below that I identify as a Humanist because even though I pretty much don't believe in supernatural business, I do think that it's possible to "lead meaningful, ethical lives capable of adding to the greater good of humanity." But you know what, some days it's harder to believe that than others.

In case anyone really wants to keep track, here is a chart of my attempt to find a job.


Name ----------Type of Job---Status---Date I found out
Closed
UCSF Mac Job#1 --In my field ---Filled ---Jan-05
UCSF Mac Job#2 --In my field ---Filled ---Feb-05
UCSF Neurology job -Near my field --Job may not exist---Apr-05
Baja Burritos ---Cashier ----Never heard back--Mar-05
Le Boulanger ---Cashier/food prep --Filled --Mar-05
UCB Job -----In my field ------Filled ---Apr-05

Pending
PLoS ---Maybe near my field---Not hearing back
SciLearn---In my field---May not exist/not hearing back
Mama's Royal Café---Dishwasher---May be filled

(see, if I had learned HTML when I had the chance, I could make a pretty chart and maybe I would have a job by now, though on the other hand now everybody and his mother knows HTML. and his dog. and XML)

I guess nobody really ever gets a job in their field of interest which is why the economy is so bad and we have so much corporate corruption--people don't like what they're supposed to do, so the do it badly, or screw around instead of working, or try to find perks i.e. embezzlement. ha-ha.

[edit: I'm not suicidal or anything, just venting; don't worry.]

So if none of these comes through, that'll be 10. Only 1/10th of the way to that 100 mark. I better apply for more jobs.

Anyway, I paid a lot of money yesterday to get alumni access to the UCB Career Center. Appointment with a career counselor next Tuesday...


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com