The Weather and Everyone's Health
Wednesday, May 11, 2005
 
Beyond Red and Blue

Hear this story on NPR's All Things Considered yesterday about a new report from the Pew Center which breaks down Americans into 9 basic politcal sub-groups. This was helpful for me, because I am frequently butting my head against the question "What are those red-staters thinking? I'm sure they're not homogeneous, so what are the differences among them? And what were they thinking?" It seems pretty clear to me that those in the middle--many of whom are described as "democracy's dropouts"--might benefit from more information about and clear framing of the issues. I mean, if you're "cynical about government and dissatisfied with their personal finances" how could you think that another 4 years of the Bush regime would be a good thing? What were you thinking?

But anyway, the fun bloggable part is that there's a quiz on the Pew site. Post your results in comments!

PS This morning I turned down a job offer at a progressive non-profit because the hours were ridiculous (70-80/week) and so was the pay. Am I going to hell? Are we all?


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com