The Weather and Everyone's Health
Thursday, June 23, 2005
 
Apparently, it's true!

I heard a rumor that Farmer Joe's Market was opening near the Park 'n Ride in the Fruitvale/MacArthur area (I guess this is called the "Dimond District" in Oakland), and now the internet says so too, so it must be true!

Well, those of us who know and love Farmer Joe's hope that it can survive in the new, much bigger space. Part of what's great about where it is now is that it's small enough to get through quickly, but also doesn't seem to get ridiculously crowded. Overall, one of the most pleasant places to do groceries that I know of.

In other news, I have always wondered about how and why different areas in Oakland have these district names, but I would settle for just a list of these nicknames and the areas the correspond to. For example, I know of Dimond, Laurel, Fruitvale, Rockridge, Temescal (I think I live there), Lake Merritt area (ok, that one I understand) and possibly a few others.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com