The Weather and Everyone's Health
Thursday, October 27, 2005
 
It's been a Beatle-y week in the News

1. Rubber Soul Anniversary Cover Album: "It was 40 years ago this month that the Beatles began recording Rubber Soul and forever changed the sound of music. A new tribute CD, with contemporary artists, features remakes of the 14 original tracks. Many of the artists on This Bird Has Flown (the alternate title of the song "Norwegian Wood") weren't born yet in 1965, the year Rubber Soul came out." -NPR.org I listened to some of the tracks (clips on NPR website) and some I liked and some I really didn't like. I don't think I would want to own this album, but I like the idea a lot.

2. Paul McCartney's new album:
Morning Edition, Sir Paul McCartney -- now 63 -- has spent the better part of his life playing music for crowds numbering in the thousands. Many of his fans squeal with delight just at the sight of the former Beatle. The recording of his latest CD, Chaos and Creation in the Backyard, effectively reduced McCartney's audience to one: producer Nigel Godrich.
By some estimations, the collaboration has resulted in McCartney's best music in years.


In personal Beatle news, I have been listening to my downloaded "Band on the Run" (album) and I hate to admit it but I kinda like it. But I am not ashamed! I even admit to liking Neil Diamond--I never claimed to be a pop music snob! I just like certain things and dislike others, and the things I dislike happen to be inferior. That's all.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com