The Weather and Everyone's Health
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
 
More News Flashes:

1. Lucky interview #13 is on Thursday. We'll see how it goes. I am thinking maybe if this doesn't pan out I'll give up and apply to grad schools this year. If I don't get in I can always apply again next year.

2. My top two choices are currently the Ed.D. program at Harvard in Mind, Brain and Education and the Neuroscience Ph.D. program at Dartmouth. This is unfortunate because those schools are far away and prestigious, which means hard to get into and expensive. There's also someone at Cambridge in England doing the kind of work I think I'm interested in, and they seem to have a Center for Neuroscience in Education, but I can't find a corresponding appropriate degree program. Also, very oddly it seems like they do rolling admissions. There's someone at the Salk Institute in San Diego (affiliated with UCSD) doing similar work, but I don't think I could get into or survive the Neuroscience program there (more molecular and cell emphasis than I'm looking for), and I'm not sure if she takes on grad students as an advisor.

3. Face still clear, but zits on chest. You know what? It's a fair trade so far. Many more people see my face. Other good face news seems to be lurking on the horizon, but I'll wait til it gets closer to say anything.

4. Moved into new apartment. Goal is to be as unpacked as I was before I moved by Thanksgiving and to be completely unpacked by Jan 1ish. Need a dresser.

5. Have a slight cold, nothing serious.

6. Breakfast at Whole Foods' Hot Bar today (time and place just worked out). $7.49/lb. A half pound ($4.04) got me a hearty slice of cinnamon challah french toast, homefries o'brien and a bit of southwest tofu scramble, and a toasty half-croissant (weighed next to nothing). Only feeling slightly hosed on price. Coffee (decaf) was extra.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com