The Weather and Everyone's Health
Thursday, November 10, 2005
 
News Flashes:

1. Whole wheat pita bread is $0.89/pack at Trader Joe's, and although it has 130 calories/serving, it also has 4g fiber/serving. Pita bread is pretty versatile and can be used in lunches or quick weekday dinners or snacks. And you can make it into pizza!

2. I have a "new" bike now. As in, new to me. Free, from a friend of mine who moved to an unbikeable location. I took it out for a test run and filled air in the tires; it doesn't seem quite steady, but it's not unrideable. Who do I know who could do a tune-up?

3. I'm moving about 2 blocks South. New place will have on-site laundry machines (coin-op), a nice kitchen with full-size grown up appliances (incl. dishwasher!) and even a nook-sized dining table! Also closer to BART. The bad news is I have to pack and move and unpack. I'm still sort of in denial, but I start packing tonight.

4. Didn't get the latest UCSF job; despite the interviewer's enthusiasm for me, it went to someone with more experience. I was trying to count how many jobs I've applied for in the last year, but I can't quite figure it out. However, I can tell you I've had about 12 interviews.

5. I'm sure I'll jinx it by saying so, but I haven't had any new zits in over a week. Could this be a turning point? Is it time for microdermabrasion and lamination of my face?

6. I think I'll take an evening class in ASL (American Sign Language) at Vista Community College starting in January. The class is cheap-ish ($100) and fits in my schedule (not making very good use of my evenings now, despite only 1 fixed commitment/week). ASL is good both as a marketable skill (apparently interpreters are in demand and well-compensated) and a research skill.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com