The Weather and Everyone's Health
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
 
Weather:
More rain today. Apparently there's a high surf advisory and someone on the radio said "That means don't go down and look at the waves, even though I know everyone will." ??? Which--of course--made me curious. So here is a webcam view, so you don't endanger yourself watching the waves: http://cams.exploratorium.edu/CAM2/

The temperatures have definitely been more comfortable since all this rain started and I certainly appreciate it. If anyone is doing a survey, I prefer a couple months of mild temps and rain to cold and dry. Funny, I realized today that I've been living here so long it no longer strikes me as odd that we should have spring-like weather in the winter.

Health:
Well, the flu people sounded a little better last night, or at least one of them did, and there was not-worst-case scenario news from the hospital person, so that's good. I wonder if they'll be past the contagious phase by the time I get down there?

Oh, look! An edutaintional mah-jongg game from WebMD about moods. What I like about it is the lack of obnoxious drug company ads and the emphasis on less alcohol and caffeine and more exercise, sleep and vegetables. There are certain people I might pointedly direct this information toward, but I am cutting back on nagging. For now.

Myself, I seem to be struggling with some kind of sinus dryness/pre-headache, which is very odd when you consider the weather. Maybe I need to start taking my vitamins again, or maybe I'm not drinking enough water?

And I've also got the munchies...bad! I can't believe it's not time for lunch yet. My leftover broccoli-and-vegi-"chicken" is calling me.

This morning the bagel boy overcharged me and when I told him he corrected the mistake and gave me $1.25 back, which I am afraid is just about to fly into the vending machine downstairs. Sometimes I swear it's like I just take money out of my pocket and light it on fire.

Ok, and as a reward for reading through all this dreck, here is a review in which Roger Ebert just HATES a movie: http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051122/REVIEWS/51120003/1023 and in fact he disliked it so much even continued to trash it in his review of another similar movie: http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051220/REVIEWS/51214002/1023


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com