The Weather and Everyone's Health
Friday, April 21, 2006
 
I'm not a lawyer, but I did take 8th Grade Civics (and Heckert's awesome Govt Class)
Ok, this news story, is stupid and upsetting. I try not to have a lot of political stuff on my blog, but I need to vent about this a little. I'd much rather be weighing the evilness-or-not of Starbucks, musing over the manyrecent spelling-bee themed media entries, or drooling over cog neuro books I saw at CNS and want to buy, but instead I am going to say the following.

First of all, the idea of religious freedom is pretty much married to the idea of separation of church and state in the First Amendment. Also, I think freedom of religion applies pretty much equally to Christians, people of other faiths, and--guess what--atheists or non-religious people.

So to say that a public university's not funding a group because of its mission is discrimination is just not sensical. It doesn't make sense for public institutions to fund religious groups! Of any kind! Of course, I realize as I am typing this that we have a top-down effort to fund faith-based initiatives so wtf, maybe it's too late already to make a technical point.

And if this girl is South Asian, I'm ashamed. Somebody on Sepia Mutiny should complain.

Ok, and it's just inaccurate to call a Coming Out Week committee a sex club. People who are involved in organizing don't have time for sex! Sheesh. She could at least get her facts straight, no pun intended.
I'm mad now. I'm going to try avoiding saying something I'll regret later or resorting to personal attacks.

War on Religion? Please!

Jesus Christ! Save us from your followers!

I mean, what would Jesus actually do in a situation like this? This is a guy who extended himself to the lepers. Don't get me started.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com