The Weather and Everyone's Health
Friday, April 28, 2006
 
It's Friday
Thank you to everyone who has commented on my blog this week; your thoughtfulness has encouraged me to blog even more often!

Ha ha. I know only like 3 people read this and Billy is the only one who comments. I'll have to think of some more blatant Billy-bait (that Company thing worked pretty well).

First: Employment News Flashes
I'm at the end of my 2nd week of this 4-week deployment. Actually the people and the work atmosphere here are very nice. In contrast to most other offices I've worked in, the people here seem to be awake and competent and engaged in what they're doing. They think for themselves and encourage others to do so as well. What a concept. I wonder how it's done, because this is a very big company and what this department does is pretty boring.

Yesterday my supervisor was out sick, but I had enough tasks to do until about 4pm. I even finished labeling all our files. He's back today, but still getting things organized to the point where he can delegate something to me. That's the first sign of anything remotely troubling I've seen in 2 weeks.

In other employment news, I was turned down for one of the part-time jobs I applied for (they found an applicant who knew QuickBooks) and haven't heard back from the other one I applied to at the same time. Since then I have applied to 2 or 3 more, and I have 2 more I want to get out today. One of the applications is a little involved. The counselor I talked to at the UCB Career Center said it's not unusual to send out 15-20 cover letters before getting a bite. Ugh.

Ok, now for more interesting stuff.
Personal Media Consumption News Flashes:

Saw two movies last weekend (hint, neither one was Yentl). One was 1936's Follow the Fleet with Fred and Ginger, and the other was 2004's Bride and Predjudice from everybody's favorite British Indian woman director, Gurinder Chadha.



Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com