The Weather and Everyone's Health
Sunday, September 17, 2006
 
Here I am.
In my dorm room now. Arrived without incident. Flight was fine (cramped, long), immigration was fine (I think), I had nothing to declare so I walked right out and there was the representative for the school and just then the car they were waiting for arrived. So that all seems to have worked itself out. It is 8am? on the East Coast now so I might call over there, but I'll wait a couple more hours I guess before calling anyone on the West Coast.

I am exhausted and I feel unprepared for being here. Did I tell you about how I ordered a book on moving to London from Alibris and blah blah blah it took them 3 weeks to figure out they didn't really have it even though they said it had shipped and so I bought it from B&N (:-() but it turned out to be useless, so I bought a Lonely Planet London book which turned out to be used so it was half off (2004; probably mostly good). But I think by the time I actually got that book I was blocked on actually reading it.

It smells funny here and the dorm isn't quite as clean as I had imagined. Everything smells different. I don't know how to convert Centigrade to Fahrenheit in my head and I'm not sure about the spelling. And it's kind of freaky to see all the traffic coming straight at you since they drive on the wrong side here.

Against my better judgement I think I am going to lie down for a while now. Hopefully I will get up, take a shower and get something to eat. If anyone reads this, go ahead and call me.

TTFN


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com