The Weather and Everyone's Health
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
 
Stuff

Just got back from the student union where I was having a drink (diet coke) with the other two people in my program who are living on campus. Two more are commuting, and one we haven't met yet. She arrived after the registration day or something.

Today was the "Fresher's Fair" which is like "Calapalooza" at Berkeley. The most useful thing was the Hillingdon Library table was making library cards right there which was convenient because when I had been at the library on Friday I asked what I needed to get a card and there were many forms of ID involved. Now I have the card already, without having to drag all my important papers up into town. The only problem was that the library closed at 5:30 today, but 3 days a week it's open until 8pm. I wanted to check out a book to read; some sort of fiction that's good before bed. But I probably won't have to worry about that much longer because...

Tomorrow is my first day of class. I bought some school supplies in town today, and think I know what I'm going to wear, but beyond that there are many mysteries.

So, speaking of mysteries, here are some local foods I am thinking of trying soon:





Any advice, suggestions, warnings, anectodes, or experiences you would like to share on these items is very welcome! (And no, I don't think I'm going to make my own Yorkshire pudding from scratch.)


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com