The Weather and Everyone's Health
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
 
The Library Ho-s it up
Woo! My paper is finished and printed and it's only midnight! I realized the reason it took me so long was because I didn't know what I was going to say. Usually if I know what I'm going to say the "how-to-say-it" part works itself out and I can count on about an hour/page. If I felt like overachieving I could go back through and clean up the transitions, and make the whole thing seem like it's arcing inevitably toward the conclusion, but I'm not going to.

Instead I am going to tell you about the part of my day when I wasn't working on this paper. I went up into town in the afternoon, as I had vowed, and I visted the library. In addition to The Colour of Magic, I picked up this little tart.


It totally cracked me up when I saw it. They are selling Jane Austen as chick lit, but why the hell not? It makes perfect sense. More power to 'em as long as they don't change the insides of the book. Actually, I wish I had thought of it first. Damn! Gotta love the little flower splotches.

Actually the way the Uxbridge public library is set up when you walk in reminds me a lot of Mo's idea about making libraries feel more like bookstores. I guess Ms. Bechdel did her research.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com