The Weather and Everyone's Health
Sunday, December 03, 2006
 
I'm sorry if it seemed like I was trivializing World AIDS Day. That was certainly not my intent. I pay attention to AIDS news and issues most days of the year, and I didn't feel like I had anything to really contribute on that topic at the moment, but at the same time I didn't want to let it pass without remarking.

Anyway, here are penance links:


I realize these links are about World AIDS Day rather than about AIDS/HIV per se. I chose them because I think they show how much progress has been made in reducing the stigma associated with AIDS and with people taking it seriously and being able to talk about it and be informed about it. But none of this helps people who are already dead, except perhaps to exonerate their memories in the minds of those who think they need exonerating anyway.

So, sorry if any glibness was perceived; none was intended.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com