The Weather and Everyone's Health
Monday, January 15, 2007
 
Facts and Opinions
Fact: I can now access the internet from my room again. After spending 2 hours at the computer "centre" clinic, we managed to get the wireless *but not the land line* working.

Opinion: WTF? Also, who told them to go and change their system over the break so it wouldn't work with old drivers like mine? Actually overall the guys were very friendly and helpful, and I am very much glad to be back online esp. since it means I don't have to haul myself across campus in the middle of the night to get on pubmed.

Fact: I think I can go to the Dell website and download a new driver.

***
Fact: The customary way of cooking beans from a can here involves cooking them a little more than 1 min. of microwave. The more thorough cooking (which can be achieved via either stovetop ("hob") or microwave) makes all the beans soft (instead of just some of them) and causes the flavor to be...betterer.

Opinion: arguably betterer is an opinion. But anyway, I concur.
***

Opinion: I find myself growing increasingly dissatisfied with ketchup lately. Seems too sweet or something. Needs some umami or more vinegar or something. Often Tabasco helps (of course) but sometimes it's not appropriate.

Fact: Yesterday (or the day before?) for lunch I had "curry" flavor ramen with beans from a can, a sliced tomato, and some ketchup thrown in.

Opinion: Except for the ketchup being too sweet and not *something* enough, it was quite good and the beans were not gross at all.

***
Fact: If I leave now, I can meet my friend at the time I told him I would. Wait, that may no longer be true.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com