The Weather and Everyone's Health
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
 
Well.
So, I was walking to an appointment. It was windy and cold and I was on a "just on time" timeline (as opposed to a timeline with a buffer). I saw something shiny. I picked it up. It was a crisp new 5-pound note. As in money! As in $10! I stood around uselessly for a few minutes looking around for either experimenters or someone who looked like they were looking for something they had dropped, or for a place to turn it in. Really, no such thing or person. I thought maybe I should put it back down in case the person who dropped it came back, or at least so then the person taking it on their conscience would be someone other than me, but it seems silly to put money on the ground on a windy day. So I put it in my pocket and went to my appointment. Then I spent it on fruit and veg (since today is Tuesday).

I am telling myself that if it were a larger amount I would have tried to turn it in somewhere and that someone is probably not going to die but rather just feel stupid for losing 5 pounds. I can't say I'm 100% comfortable with my decision, but I don't know what I'd have done differently next time. Maybe not stopped and gotten to my appointment sooner.
This is probably "god's" way of telling me to stop complaining about money already. D'oh.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com