The Weather and Everyone's Health
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
 
Speaking of distractions and media inundation
So I learned from the excellent Anna C. last night that apparently KFRC is back on the air at 106.9 FM instead of where it used to be. This came up as part of yet another one of those conversations about how there are no good radio stations in the Bay Area, and why aren't there?

Background: KFRC used to be an oldies station, but then at some point last year it went through a couple of format changes. The first pushed it later, so instead of 60s & 70s it was 70s & 80s. Then, even worse, it became a country station, and THEN, even worse, apparently it became a Christian talk station (fortunately I didn't experience this directly--I just know what Anna told me).

With the loss of KFRC and The Drive a few years before that, I started listening to KFOG a lot, and I like KFOG, but I don't know a lot of the songs and you really need a station you can just turn on and sing along to.

Anyway, who are these people who speculate on whether radio is obsolete? Not me.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com