The Weather and Everyone's Health
Sunday, September 30, 2007
 
Austeniana
Hello Gentle Readers,

Thank you for your patience. As you know, it has been a busy time. I put my MSc dissertation in the mail on Friday, so that's one monkey off my back. But perhaps mor importantly, I have finished reading the works of Jane Austen (at least for the first time).

I had been wondering what I'd do with myself when I finally finish the novels. the short works, juvenilia, and the fragment Sanditon? I do think that the novels will continue to yield great wisdom, insight and humor on re-reads, but now that I know how they all end, they cannot possibly provide any surprising plot twists. But the good news appears to be that if I want to consume some kind of fiction pertaining to Jane Austen, I have many options, which I will review briefly.





Stay Tuned! I am planning a post with links to pirate-themed things in the zeitgeist in honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day, which was Sept. 19 or something.

Also, I am currently reading the Tales of the City series (have finished the first 3) and seen some episodes of 30 Rock which I am looking forward to reporting on.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com