The Weather and Everyone's Health
Thursday, August 23, 2007
 
Hitchens, Obama and Mother Teresa

Ok, this is the interesting part. Really the most fascinating thing I have read in possibly months:
Ok, I have to admit that some of the relating-to-God-as-a-lover stuff gets a little weird when it's taken this literally, and the need to punish oneself to destroy the ego seems counterproductive to me (not necessarily the ego-destroying itself--arguably--but the means) but here are some quotes that really get to the point IMHO:



Of course, I think some of what she experienced as "darkness" or distance from god could also be described as clinical depression, but I also think that's in a certain way beside the point because the point is how she dealt with it (see my paraphrase of Camus, above).


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com