The Weather and Everyone's Health
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
 
Snack Find of the Week
So, I shop at Shaw's, which is like Safeway, mostly because the location is convenient to public transit and between where I live and where I work. Usually I even walk home with my groceries. Anyway, I have mixed feelings about Shaw's, but for now it's there and it gets the job done; to its credit it, it has a 2-3 aisle "organic ghetto" where you can find Amy's products, etc.

Anyway, I was in the checkout on Sunday and I saw these.
Shaw's Baked Cheese Curls. And I am eating them now. They taste like cheesy poofs! They look and have the texture of cheesy poofs! And they are baked, so they won't kill you as fast! But the best part? 5 for $1. Yes, that means the packet I bought was 20 cents. What can you get for 20 cents anymore? It won't even get you a gumball. And here is a tasty and satisfying food-like snack item. Baked (120 calories/bag, but it's not like I'm going to eat the whole bag at once).

In other bargain snacking news, there were individual serving packets of roasted almonds (brand-name, not store-name) for a quarter each! So I got two. What can you get for a quarter anymore? I had just come from the nuts aisle where all the available sizes of almonds were too expensive for me and more than I wanted. I don't know if these cheap individual servings were a promotional thing or a regular thing.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com