The Weather and Everyone's Health
Sunday, October 28, 2007
 
So, my library
Is a pretty good library in terms of amenities. It has good study furniture in different shapes depending on whether you need to sit up straight and write things, or slouch and read things; it has scrap paper in the right places; it has lots of computers and printers and outlets for laptops and things like that. AND I found out this week that it also has free feminine hygiene products in its (women's, at least) bathrooms. I was idly staring at the silver dispenser the other day when I noticed the word "free" where in most places it says "50 cents." Those things usually don't work, anyway! So, out of shock and curiousity I pulled the knob and it dispensed me a free maxi pad. You coulda knocked me over with a feather. I wonder if they're not worried about people abusing free stuff since they figure people will only turn to it in genuine emergencies? But what a shocking development. I mean, where on this earth do you find free feminine hygiene products in a public bathroom? It makes too much sense. Like universal healthcare. Is this a step toward communism? Or toward a person you have to tip in the bathroom?


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com