The Weather and Everyone's Health
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
 
You know what I don't like?
Those commercials for The Saw movie. Even the first time I saw it/them I knew it was just some new edgy marketing thing, but I still don't like it. I wish it were for something stupid like doritos or a new razor or hi-def radio, but even then I wouldn't like it, but at least I could feel contempt for it.

I mean, if I *wanted* to be creeped out, I would go to a creepy/gore movie, but since I clearly don't want to (as indicated by my not going to or renting or watching on TV such movies), I don't think it's fair for me to be creeped out in the name of marketing. It's not like a TV show where you can change the channel if you don't like it.

Yes, it creeps me out and makes me uncomfortable. I don't feel embarrassed admitting that--that's it's goal, and I'm sure thousands of dollars of market research and blah blah blah went into ensuring that it would creep me out.

Whoa, I just got deja vu. That normally wouldn't creep me out, but I've had it a couple of times this week, and you know, deja vu is an ictal phenomenon, so in other words it's sort of like a seizure. And you know, I've been feeling like I've been having odd olfactory sensations in the last couple of weeks, too. You know what that means, of course: brain tumor!

What? Yes, I just bought some decaf tea today. Ok, I'll have some now.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com