The Weather and Everyone's Health
Monday, November 05, 2007
 
News from the world of religion
[Hey, this is my 402nd post! w00t.]

  1. Sermon prompts tips that leads to arrest
    The Subway sandwich shop at the True Bethel Baptist Church in Buffalo was robbed at gunpoint on Friday night, but the crime was recorded on the store's surveillance video.

    what really sticks in my mind is the fact that this church as it's own Subway. I'm still boggling. Did I read that right? I've seen mega-churches, but this is a new concept to me. What's next? Wal-Church? omg, I can see it, too.

  2. I heard this guy, Dave Dickerson on This American Life (podcast). I liked his piece ("The Devil Wears Birkenstocks") though I don't think the TAL description is very helpful there. Anyway, here is the exciting part: apparently Mr. Dickerson is writing a book called How To Love God Without Being A Jerk. That is totally awesome. What a great idea! I think I should also write a book called How To Be An Atheist Without Being A Jerk. That is exactly what this world of Dawkins and Hitchenses needs. Maybe we can sell them together as companion volumes.


Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com